Mount Holyoke students are welcome to board their horses at the Equestrian Center. Basic board includes daily stall cleaning, clean water buckets, grain, hay and turnout daily. While we fully expect students to take an active role in their horses’ care, our experienced and knowledgeable staff will strive to meet needs, and is always available for consultation. We would like your experience at our Equestrian Center to be pleasant and educational and will do our best to assure it.
If a student wishes to stable their horse at the Equestrian Center, they should fill out the boarder application and return it by April 15. Once a stall is granted and a formal board agreement sent, the student should return the signed agreement along with the deposit to guarantee a spot.
The Equestrian Center staff will review all applications and notifications will be made by April 30.
We use the following criteria to evaluate the applications:
- Enrollment at Mount Holyoke College.
- Participation in or indication of interest in participating in Equestrian Center programs.
- Willingness to comply with the rules and regulations of the Equestrian Center.
- The stable manners of the horse.
- Content and quality of essay.