The majority of Mount Holyoke's indoor athletic and recreational facilities are housed in the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex. Originally constructed in 1950, the facility has quadrupled in size to 115,399 square feet as a result of significant expansions in both 1984 and 2009. The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex is named for College trustee Henry P. Kendall.
Only Mount Holyoke students and employees, as well as patron card members, may utilize the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex. Visitors are required to swipe their one card at the Information Desk and the Fitness Center each time they enter. Members and guests who utilize the facility will be doing so at their own risk. Mount Holyoke College is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis. Consult with your physician before beginning any exercise routine. All users of the Kendall Complex must abide by all posted rules in all areas.
- Only one (1) guest per member allowed.
- Guests must be accompanied by member at all times.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted in the Kendall Complex.
- All personal music players must be equipped with headphones.
- Personal items, bags and other items are to be stored in lockers or cubby holes only and not on hallway floors.
- The Kendall Complex is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Information Desk worker.
- If, at any time a member does not comply with the rules and/or the assistant on duty, the member will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Fitness Center privileges will be revoked. The Information Desk worker and the Fitness Center monitor on duty has the right to enlist the help of Campus Security when necessary.
Additional Fitness Center Rules:
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Clean sneakers must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals, open toed or open-backed, or outside shoes are permitted.
- Shirts must be worn. No sports-bras only. No jeans or jean shorts allowed.
- Food and gum are not permitted. Only water is permitted, provided it is in a sealable, plastic container.
- Wipe down equipment after each use and return weights to racks.
- Weights or dumbbells may not be dropped on the floor or benches.
- During busy times or whenever someone is waiting for a machine, there is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Fitness Center Monitor.
Inside the building:
- Mount Holyoke Fitness Center
- Mildred S. Howard Gymnasium
- Mount Holyoke Natatorium
- Mount Holyoke Field House
- Mount Holyoke Dance Studios
Surrounded on the outside by:
- Mount Holyoke Turf & Track Complex
- Mount Holyoke Soccer Field
- Mount Holyoke Activity Field
- Mount Holyoke Tennis Courts
- Kendall Membership Application
- Kendall Building Schedule
- Kendall Activities Schedule
- Fitness Center Class Descriptions