The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex is closed until further notice.
The majority of Mount Holyoke's indoor athletic and recreational facilities are housed in the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex. Originally constructed in 1950, the facility has quadrupled in size to 115,399 square feet as a result of significant expansions in both 1984 and 2009. Inside the building, which was named for College trustee Henry P. Kendall and his family, are the Mount Holyoke Fitness Center, the Mildred S. Howard Gymnasium, the Mount Holyoke Natatorium, the Mount Holyoke Field House and the Mount Holyoke Dance Studios. It is surrounded on the outside by the Mount Holyoke Turf & Track Complex, the Mount Holyoke Soccer Field, the Mount Holyoke Activity Field and the Mount Holyoke Tennis Courts. Also in close proximity are the College's Canoe House and a scenic one-mile loop around Upper Lake for running, walking or riding a horse. The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex is open over 100 hours per week during the academic year.
All student lockers must be cleared out by June 1, 2019.
All MHC Employees with a locker in Kendall MUST re-register that locker at the Info Desk between May 1, 2019 and June 1, 2019 to keep it through the summer and next year.
All lockers not re-registered will be cleared out beginning June 1, 2019 and any remaining items will be donated.
MHC new employee locker issue will begin June 21, 2019 for new employees and those wishing to change lockers.
Contact the Kendall Information Desk: 413-538-2284
- Kendall Membership Application
- Kendall Building Schedule
- Kendall Activities Schedule
- Fitness Center Class Descriptions
Hours of Operation:
Click here to download the latest schedule. Hours are subject to change, especially during college breaks. Monthly calendars are also available at the information desk.
Kendall Sports & Dance Complex and Fitness Center Hours
Monday-Thursday: 6:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Friday: 6:30 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Natatorium Open Swim Hours
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Monday, Wednesday: 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Tuesday: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Thursday: 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 7:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Sunday: 3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Natatorium Open Swim Hours (Women Only)
Tuesday: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Sunday: 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Only Mount Holyoke students and employees, as well as patron card members, may utilize the Kendall Sports & Dance Complex. Visitors are required to swipe their one card at the Information Desk and the Fitness Center each time they enter. Members and guests who utilize the facility will be doing so at their own risk. Mount Holyoke College is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis. Consult with your physician before beginning any exercise routine. All users of the Kendall Complex must abide by all posted rules in all areas.
- Only one (1) guest per member allowed.
- Guests must be accompanied by member at all times.
- Smoking and tobacco products are not permitted in the Kendall Complex.
- All personal music players must be equipped with headphones.
- Personal items, bags and other items are to be stored in lockers or cubby holes only and not on hallway floors.
- The Kendall Complex is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Information Desk worker.
- If, at any time a member does not comply with the rules and/or the assistant on duty, the member will be asked to leave, and/or his/her Fitness Center privileges will be revoked. The Information Desk worker and the Fitness Center monitor on duty has the right to enlist the help of Campus Security when necessary.
- Kendall Information Desk Phone Number: 413-538-2284
Additional Fitness Center Rules:
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Clean sneakers must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals, open toed or open-backed, or outside shoes are permitted.
- Shirts must be worn. No sports-bras only. No jeans or jean shorts allowed.
- Food and gum are not permitted. Only water is permitted, provided it is in a sealable, plastic container.
- Wipe down equipment after each use and return weights to racks.
- Weights or dumbbells may not be dropped on the floor or benches.
- During busy times or whenever someone is waiting for a machine, there is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Report damaged equipment and injuries immediately to Fitness Center Monitor.
Directions and Parking:
The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex is located near the northeast corner of the Mount Holyoke campus. There is plenty of free, on-campus parking available to visitors of the facility. From Route 116, turn onto Dunlap Place. The Kendall Sports & Dance Complex parking lot is at the end of Dunlap Place. To avoid a ticket, be sure to park in lined parking spaces. Additional parking is available within walking distance of the venue.