Nominations are being accepted for the Mount Holyoke College Athletics Hall of Fame class of 2019. The deadline to submit nominees for the 2019 class will be May 1, 2018. To be inducted into the MHC Athletics Hall of Fame, the inductee must fall into one of the following four categories:
- Is a Mount Holyoke College alumna at least 10 years removed from graduation. An honoree may be inducted posthumously.
- Played a minimum of two years in one sport and brought distinction to herself and/or her athletic program.
- Was a positive role model on campus and continues to be an outstanding citizen in the community.
- Prior to the founding of intercollegiate athletics and the athletic department, as we know it today, must have distinguished herself in the athletics arena in her area of expertise or interest.
- Has made an impact on campus life and the greater community during her years on campus.
COACHES OR ADMINISTRATORS
- Is not presently, and has not been in the past five years, members of the Mount Holyoke College community.
- Demonstrated exceptional competence and professionalism in making a contribution to the athletics program.
- Was a positive role model on campus and continues to be an outstanding citizen in the community
- Made contributions to or earned recognitions by Conference, Regional and/or National Organizations.
- Brought distinction to the athletic department by having an outstanding record or accomplishment such as qualifying for a National or Regional Championship, or undefeated season.
- Brought distinction a minimum of 10 years prior to nomination.
- Has made a major impact on the athletics program at Mount Holyoke College.
Nominations can be submitted via the online form at http://bit.ly/1ppmtTK. Again, the deadline for nominations is May 1, 2018. For more information, please contact Amie Canfield at 413-538-2469 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.