South Hadley, Mass. - November 4, 2020 - The Mount Holyoke College Student-Athlete Advisory Council (SAAC) is excited to once again be hosting it's annual Toy Drive. Due to restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, this year's Toy Drive will be conducted in a virtual format.
If you are interested in participating, register by clicking here.
Registration closes on Sunday, November 15, 2020.
"We are very excited to host a reimagined and virtual SAAC Toy Drive," said Kathryn Murphy, who is a junior swimming and diving student-athlete and Executive Board member within SAAC. "This year certainly has had its challenges and the Toy Drive looks different than in years past, but we are hoping this event will continue positively impacting the community. Last year's toy drive was a huge success, collecting over 250 gifts, and we remain committed to supporting our community. It takes a team to make this event successful, and we're hoping to see the MHC Athletics and broader community rise to the challenge! We want to thank everyone who continues to support this Toy Drive and for all who spread the word."
How it will work
- Once you register using the link above, you will receive the name of a child, along with their age, gender, and the items that each child wants and needs. You will have the choice to purchase any or all gifts from the list and you can contribute as much as you would like.
- Participants are more than welcome to sign up for multiple children if they would like to.
- Participants will have to purchase gifts online due to COVID-19 restrictions, and send the gift directly to the area office (this information will be given once the child has been assigned).
- When buying the gift online, make sure to mark the order as "This is a gift". By doing so, you will be able to write your child's name and the social workers name to make sure that the gift(s) end up in their precise location.
- The deadline for registration is Sunday, November 15. You will get your assigned child soon after. The MHC Toy Drive Coordinators will send emails reminding participants of the instructions and the due date to send in gifts to the area offices.
- If the gift has not been received by the area office, you will get reminder emails to buy and send the gifts.
- If you have any questions, please reach out to the MHC Toy Drive Coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org