The Mount Holyoke College Athletic Training staff provides prevention, evaluation, management and treatment of athletic injuries sustained by varsity athletes. Its staff includes licensed and board certified athletic trainers and orthopedic physicians. The staff is committed to providing the best possible care for all student-athletes.
Athletic Training Room Staff
Athletic Training Room Hours
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Practice/Game Coverage: 4 p.m. - 7:15 p.m.
Closed Friday's from 10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Out-of-season athletes are encouraged to arrive before 4:00pm during open hours
ATC Fax #: 413-538-3619
Athletic Training Orientation Video
Click HERE to watch the athletic training orientation presentation by Ellen Perrella, head athletic trainer.
Visiting Team Information
The athletic training room will open 1.5-2.0 hours prior to all athletic events. Certified athletic trainers will be on site for all home events with the exception of golf and equestrian.
Mount Holyoke will provide water, cups, ice, crutches, splints and an AED for all home contests.
Teams Traveling without an ATC
If your team will not be traveling with a certified athletic trainer, the ATCs at Mount Holyoke will be happy to provide heat, ice or taping before and after the contest. We ask that the visiting team phone the athletic training room with any special requests. Also, all teams must arrive with a medical kit stocked with the supplies they will need.
First Year/ New Athletes
- Pre-entrance Health Requirement: All immunization records and paperwork can be found on myHealthConnection through MHC health services (https://idp.mtholyoke.edu/
idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/). You can contact health services at email@example.com or fax: 413-538-235 SSO?execution=e2s1
- All new athletes need to complete a concussion baseline test (see instructions here)
- Immunizations (hard copies from physician and electronically inputted by student)
- Medical History Form
- Sports Physical (signed by physician)
- Sickle Cell Waiver Form (or a copy of sickle cell test results from physician)
Needed Yearly from All Athletes:
- Front Rush Paperwork (https://frontrush.com/Roster/
- Emergency Information Sheet
- Athletic Training Orientation Quiz (watch video first)
- Assumption of Risk Form
- Compliance Forms (email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding compliance paperwork)
Returners Need Yearly:
- Medical Exception Documentation: Banned substances, add/adhd
- Annual Blood Pressure check (done in ATR in april)
- Update EIS if any information changes
All athletes should be aware of the MHC Concussion Protocols in place for the health and safety of all participants in our varsity programs.
ATC Tip of the Week
Each week, the Mount Holyoke College Athletic Training Staff is proud to bring its student-athletes, coaches and staff a series of videos with helpful information for staying well. Click HERE to view the Tip of the Week throughout the season!
Summer Rehab Protocols
Instructional videos by the ATC staff that address the three main areas of the body, including foot/ankle/lower leg, thigh/hip/low back, and upper back/shoulder. Click HERE for the videos.