The requirements for each category are as follows:
- Are a Mount Holyoke College alumna at least 10 years prior to nomination. An honoree may be inducted posthumously.
- Played a minimum of two years in one sport and brought distinction to themselves and/or their athletic program.
- Were positive role models on campus and continue to be an outstanding citizen in the community.
- Prior to the founding of intercollegiate athletics and the athletic department, as we know it today, must have distinguished themselves in the athletics arena in their area of expertise or interest.
- Have made an impact on campus life and the greater community during their years on campus.
COACHES OR ADMINISTRATORS
- Are not presently, and have not been in the past five years, members of the Mount Holyoke community.
- Demonstrated exceptional competence and professionalism in making a contribution to the athletics program.
- Were positive role models on campus and continue to be an outstanding citizen in the community
- Made contributions to or earned recognitions by Conference, Regional and/or National Organizations.
- Brought distinction to the athletic department by having an outstanding record or accomplishment such as qualifying for a National or Regional Championship, or undefeated season.
- Brought distinction a minimum of 10 years prior to nomination.
- Have made a major impact on the athletics program at Mount Holyoke College.