7 Jess Fajardo
|High School:||Amherst Regional|
Getting to Know Jess
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I'd always grown up knowing about all of the five colleges and when I began visiting colleges around New England, every one paled in comparison to the image and prestige of Mount Holyoke. The beautiful campus, academic rigor and strong athletic program were my three top reasons.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The people! The sense of community is so strong here, and every single person pushes you to do your best and be the best you can, whether it's any student, a friend, professor, coach, etc. Everyone wants you to excel.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Field of Dreams
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Red Sox/Yankees game at Fenway 3rd row on the first base line!
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Red Sox/Celtics/Patriots
- Favorite TV Show - Cake Boss? I don’t really watch TV
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Dara Torres, Tom Brady, Jacoby Ellsbury
- Childhood Idol - My dad
- Hobbies - Kayaking, running, eating, reading, swimming, and traveling
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - The Roots in NYC
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Women's Health or Vanity Fair
- Biggest Fear - Being alone
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Tie between Mickey Avalon and a parliament member at the Hague (different types of fame)
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - The Obama kids
- Most Prized Possession - Sentimentally--framed family picture, monetarily--my laptop
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Greece or Egypt
- First Memory of Your Sport - Having to change uniforms in the middle of a game because we had too many people on the team and not enough uniforms.
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Getting drilled in the face with a ball at Springfield.
- Pre-Game Rituals - Pregame playlist, braid my hair
- Best Advice From a Coach - Do what you know
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Pay off my loans, buy a house and a car each for myself, my mom and my sister, send some to my host-family in Morocco and donate the rest to multiple organizations.
- Career Aspirations - Governor of Hawaii