|High School:||Proctor Academy|
The O'Byrne File
2012: Started all 17 games ... Posted a 7-10 record … Had a 2.39 goals against average and a .699 save percentage … Made 86 saves over 1083:18 minutes … Had 1.3 shutouts on the season …
2011: Did not appear in any games …
2010: Played in one game … Recorded 9:50 minutes of action in a 2-1 win over Nichols (10/5) …
2009: Played in one game … Recorded 4:22 minutes of action … Made her collegiate debut in relief of a 4-0 win at Bryn Mawr (9/19) …
Before Mount Holyoke: Four-year member of field hockey team … Captain … Two-time Coaches Award recipient … Member of the lacrosse team for one season …
Personal: Politics major … Daughter of Deborah and Thomas O’Byrne.
Getting to Know Anne
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - Because I liked the way the Field Hockey program, Coach and team were represented and what they stood for. Also, I knew that if I wanted to play Field Hockey that MHC was going to give me the opportunity to do that while still getting a really great education.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - I like that I get challenged in every aspect of my life and that I have made amazing life long friends.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Miracle
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - NCAA Division III Field Hockey Championship
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Tampa Bay Buccaneers or New York Giants
- Favorite TV Show - Law and Order SVU or Friends
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Mike Eruzione or Amy Tran
- Childhood Idol - I really looked up to my sister, but I wouldn't necessarily call her my idol
- Hobbies - Field Hockey, Tag Football, Dancing and pretty much anything that involves good friends!
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Rihanna
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Shape
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Steven Tyler
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Ellen Degeneres
- Most Prized Possession - My fuzzy blankets, that I have in multiple colors.
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Italy and Greece
- First Memory of Your Sport - Getting picked for the "A" team in middle school and knowing I wanted to play all through college!
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Beating MIT and Springfield in overtime!
- Pre-Game Rituals - I wear the same shorts and T-shirt to every game and braid my hair the same way. I also listen to music with Steph P on the bus to get pumped up.
- Best Advice From a Coach - To know your role and never have a "woe is me" attitude. We have to win together and lose together; there is no use in begrudging a teammate that out works you work harder.
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - I would portion it out for charity, family and investments. I'd like to make it last and do as much good with it as possible.
- Career Aspirations - Not positive yet, but I'd like to do something with activism or civil rights policies.