|High School:||Taft School (Conn.)|
The Karraker File
2013-14: Played and started in all 25 games … Averaged 39 minutes per game … shot 39.17% (116-297) from the floor, 38.9% (81-208) from three point range and 75.4 (43-57) from the line … shot 4-6 from behind the arc, had three assists with seven rebounds and a total of 20 points in a 77-63 win over Bates (11/15) … Scored 22 points, including 18 from three point range, three rebounds, an assist and a steal in a 54-37 win over Simmons (1/04) … Tallied 18 points, 15 of which were from the three point range, a steal along with three assists and four rebounds in a 61-59 win at Clark (1/25) … Recorded 24 points, shooting 4-5 from behind the arc along with three rebounds in a 68-60 win over Emerson (2/15) … Maine Maritime Tip-Off All-Tournament Team ... NEWBA Weekly Honor Roll ...
2012-13: Played in 23 games and started in 22 ... Averaged 9.7 points and 3.3 rebounds per game ... Had 46 assits and 22 steals ... Averaged 35.9 minutes per contest ... Was 32.9% (73-222) from the floor, including 33.9% (59-174) from three-point range … Made 64.3% (18-28) of free throw attempts … Poured in 15 points, including (3-6) from the three point line, and two steals in a 63-43 loss at Babson (12/01) ... Scored 17 points, including (5-7) from the three point line, and three assits in a 51-49 win over Wheaton (1/05) ... Posted 25 points, including (7-7) from the three point line, (4-4) from the free throw line, eight rebounds, and five steals in a 86-82 double overtime win over Springfield (1/16) ... Had 11 points and three rebounds in a 65-52 loss to WPI (2/06) ...
Among the overall NEWMAC leaders, ranked third in total three pointers per contest ... Sixth in three-point percentage ... Seventh in minutes (826) ...
2011-12: Played in 23 games … Averaged 2.3 points and 0.8 rebounds per contest … Had seven assists and four steals … Averaged 9.6minutes per game … Tallied five points with two rebounds in a 55-33 win at Simmons (1/2) … Scored seven points in an 85-36 loss at Babson (1/28) … Had 11 points with two assists in a 59-57 win over the Coast Guard Academy (2/11) …
Before Mount Holyoke: Member of the basketball team … Captain … Most Valuable Player … All-Star … Team won Founders League Championship …
Personal: Undeclared major … Daughter of Katherine and John Karraker.
Getting to Know Kate
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I just had "the feeling"
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The women who go here. Everyone is so chill with everyone else.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Hoosiers
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Celtics against the Lakers
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Celtics
- Favorite TV Show - The Office
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Dirk Nowitzki
- Childhood Idol - My parents
- Hobbies - Reading
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Queen
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - TIME
- Biggest Fear - Zombies
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Steve Tyler
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Beyonce
- Most Prized Possession - Pearl Earrings
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Africa
- First Memory of Your Sport - Getting hit in the back of my head by a basketball
- Pre-Game Rituals - Put left shoe on first
- Best Advice From a Coach - "Just keep shooting"
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Travel the world
- Career Aspirations - Teacher, Councilor, Personal Coach/Motivator