Seth Hussey enters his fourth season as the head coach of the Mount Holyoke College rowing program in 2020-21. Hussey is also a Lecturer in Physical Education at Mount Holyoke.
At Mount Holyoke College
- Has had student-athletes collect 38 NEWMAC Academic All-Conference honors in just three years (2018, 2019, 2020) which is given to student-athletes that have second-year status at their institution and holds a grade-point average of 3.5 or better.
- Coached student-athletes to four NEWMAC All-Conference honors, including two-time All-Conference honoree Elizabeth Hazen '20 (2018, 2019).
- Helped the Lyons to its highest-ever ranking in the 2020 USRowing/CRCA Preseason National Poll (14th).
- In 2020, Hussey helped the Lyons to their best finish at Head of the Charles Regatta since 2011 (14th).
- Rower Hannah LeBlanc '20 was Mount Holyoke College's nominee for the 2020 NCAA Woman of the Year award.
Before Mount Holyoke College
- Novice Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Wellesley College (2014-2017)
- Helped guided the novice eight to two New England and ECAC/NIRC Championships in three seasons.
- Women's Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Bates College (2013-2014)
- Women's Graduate Assistant and Novice Rowing Coach at Purdue University (2011-2013)
- Completed an M.S. degree in Kinesiology
- Women's Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator at Hamilton College (2008-2011)
- Hussey was a walk-on rower at St. Lawrence University, where he completing a bachelor’s degree in Neuroscience in 2008. He has been happily married to his wife Kirsti since 2015 and they share a 5 year old lab/pointer mix named Easton.
Cara Murphy was named the assistant coach for the rowing program at the start of the 2018-19 season. Murphy is a former four-year standout and captain for the Mount Holyoke rowing team. Murphy is also the Equipment Manager for the Mount Holyoke College Department of Physical Education and Athletics.
Before Mount Holyoke College
- Served as the head novice coach at Division I Colgate University (2016-2018)
- Responsible for on-campus recruiting, developing and implementing training plans, while also overseeing the transition of novices into life as a Division 1 student-athlete.
- Among her successes included seven medal-winning finishes by her novice crews, including winning the 2017 Kerr Cup Novice 8 race.
- Has also served as the head of sculling at Hosmer Point Camp since 2015.
- Among her responsibilities in that role included developing curricula for sculling programs for youths ages 9-16, whose abilities ranged from novice to competitive racing.
- Assistant coach at Smith College (2014-16)
- Aided the head coach with lineups, travel arrangements and fundraising.
- Also coached the team’s third and fourth varsity boats, while performing a majority of rigging and maintenance on various rowing equipment.
As a student-athlete at MHC
- A three-time NEWMAC Academic All-Conference selection.
- An All-Conference honoree as a junior.
- A Seven Sisters Scholar-Athlete, named to multiple ECAC/NIRC All-Academic Teams, as well as a CRCA National Scholar-Athlete.
- She also served as the team manager for the Lyons swimming and diving team for two seasons.
- A native of Shaker Heights, Ohio, Murphy graduated with a B.A. in Psychology in from Mount Holyoke in 2014. She went on to earn her Master of Science in Sports and Exercise Studies from Smith College in 2016.
|Title:||Strength and Conditioning - Rowing|