The Phelan File
2012: Played in 14 games, includinng 13 as a starter ... Tallied 18 goals with seven assists for 25 points ... Had two free position goals ... Scooped up 19 ground balls ... Won 12 draw controls ... Had seven caused turnovers ... Recorded 29 shots, including 23 on goal ... Scored three goals with an assist, four ground balls and two draw controls in a 17-14 win over Western New England (3/15) ... Recorded three goals in a 17-11 victory against MIT (3/31) ... Notched two goals in a 13-9 loss to Smith (4/10) ...
2011: Played in 14 games, including three as a starter ... Scored nine goals ... Had two free position tallies ... Scooped up 11 ground balls ... Won four draw controls ... Caused eight turnovers ... Recorded 20 shots, including 16 on goal ... Tallied a goal in a 12-11 win over Westfield State (3/10) ... Notched three goals in a 17-11 loss to Eastern Connecticut State (3/30) ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Played lacrosse all four years ... Captain ... Team's Most Valuable Player ... Two-Time Patriot League All-Star ... Patriot Ledger All-Scholastic twice ... Member of the soccer team all four years ... Played two years of basketball ... Participated in track during junior year ...
Personal: Psychology Education major ... Daughter of Tracey and William Phelan.
Getting to Know Brianne
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I chose to attend Mount Holyoke because of the great academics, the amazing women that go here and the opportunity to play lacrosse with a great coach and great team mates while getting an amazing education.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The people and my team.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Remember the Titans
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Red Sox game- Lester's first game pitching a no hitter
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Celtics
- Favorite TV Show - How I Met Your Mother
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Rondo
- Childhood Idol - Taylor Swift and my parents
- Hobbies - Lacrosse, hiking, being outside
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - James Taylor
- Biggest Fear – To lose anyone in my family.
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Tom Hanks
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Taylor Swift
- Most Prized Possession - My grandmother's Blessed Mother's medal
- Place You'd Like to Visit - India
- First Memory of Your Sport - Catching and throwing with my dad
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Spring break trip to Maryland last year
- Pre-Game Rituals - Say the Heal Marry in my head before the game starts
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Take only what I need to live comfortably and raise a family and give the rest away to good causes
- Career Aspirations - Work with students with learning disabilities