The Miller File
2013: CAPTAIN ... Started all 17 games ... Tallied 14 goals with eight assists for 22 points ... Recorded four goals on the free position (out of 12 attempts) ... Scooped up 34 ground balls - which was second on the team ... Had 40 draw controls and caused 10 turnovers ... Netted two goals with an assist in a 20-19 overtime win against Skidmore (3/2) ... Posted three goals with an assist in a 15-3 victory over UMass-Dartmouth (3/18) ... Recorded three goals with five ground balls, four draw controls and a caused turnover in a 17-16 win over Western New England in the ECAC New England Championship Game (5/12) ...
2012: Started all 14 games ... Scored 12 goals with an assist for 13 points ... Had four free position goals ... Scooped up a team-high 23 ground balls ... Caused four turnovers ... Recorded 26 shots, including 21 on goal ... Scored two goals with three draw controls in a 15-12 win over Westfield State (3/7) ... Had a goal with two ground balls in a 15-13 victory against Carthage (3/21) ... Tallied a goal in a 17-11 win versus MIT (3/31) ...
2011: Played in 14 games, including four as a starter ... Notched seven goals with four assists for 11 points ... Had three free position tallies ... Scooped up 11 ground balls ... Had 13 draw control wins ... Caused two turnovers ... Recorded 19 shots, including 15 on goal ... Had a goal and an assist with three ground balls and two caused turnovers in a 14-0 win over Concordia (3/15) ... Tallied four goals with an assist in a 15-12 victory versus MIT (4/2) ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Played four years of lacrosse ... Captain ... Coaches Award ... KVAC First Team All-Conference ... KVAC All-Academic ... Flossy Smith Award ... Played in Maine State All-Star Game ... Member of the soccer team for four years ... Captain ... Coaches Award ... KVAC All-Academic ... KVAC Second Team All-Conference ... Two-year member of the track team ... Qualified for Maine States in 400-meter dash ... KVAC All-Academic ... Ran in 400-m and 4x400m relay at Maine Indoor Track & Field Championships ... Played a season of basketball ...
Personal: Psychology major ... Member of Mount Holyoke's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) ... Outing Club trip leader ... Daughter of Paul Miller.
Getting to Know Naomi
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I fell in love with the campus and coaching staff. I knew it was going to be a perfect fit for me the moment i walked on campus.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The atmosphere the strong women provide, you honestly can't get it anywhere else.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Without Limits
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Northwestern vs Umass Amherst women's lacrosse
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Miami Heat
- Favorite TV Show - Grey's anatomy
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Lyons
- Childhood Idol - Mia Hamm
- Hobbies - Hiking, reading, watching movies
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Carrie Underwood
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - US Lacrosse
- Biggest Fear - Not accomplishing my dreams before i die
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Boston Rob
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Abby Wamback
- Most Prized Possession - My car
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Australia or Amsterdam
- First Memory of Your Sport - Being scared of the soccer ball
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - MIT game my freshman year
- Pre-Game Rituals - Shaving my legs
- Best Advice From a Coach - Just do it because you love it
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Donate almost all of it