|Hometown:||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|High School:||Sirimavo Bandaranaike Girls School|
The Ranaweera File
2012-13: Posted a 18-3 overall record ... Went 17-1 from the first position ... Had an 1-2 record in tournament play ... Posted a five-set win in a 1-8 team loss to #10 Williams (01/3) ... Went undefeated from 1/10 through 3/1 ... Picked up first position win in an 3-6 team loss versus #19 Hamilton (1/26) ... Had a victory in 5-4 team win over #22 Colby College at the CSA National Championships (2.17) ... 66th ranked player in the nation ...
2011-12: Posted a 19-8 overall record ... Went 19-6 from the first position ... Had an 0-2 record in tournament play ... Posted a four-set win in a 6-3 team loss to #10 Brown (12/3) ... Went undefeated from 12/3 through 1/21 ... Picked up first position win in an 8-1 win over Bowdoin (1/29) ... Had a victory in 6-3 team win over Hamilton at the CSA National Championships (2.25) ... Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team ...
2010-11: Recorded a 16-13 overall mark ... Went 15-11 from the first position ... Was 1-2 during tournament play ... Notched first flight win in a 9-0 team victory over Wellesley (12/4) ... Recorded first position win in a 7-2 victory against Hamilton (1/29) ... Posted five-set victory in a 5-4 team loss to Amherst (2/11) ... Had a five-set win in a 6-3 victory against Middlebury in CSA National Quarterfinals (2/18) ... Picked up a win (11-3, 11-5, 11-3) over Trinity's Andrea Echeverria at the CSA Individual Nationals (3/4-6) ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Played seven years of squash ... Captain ... Six-year member of Sri Lanka National Team ... Squad competed at multiple Asian Junior Championships, including India, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea and Hong Kong ... Served as National Junior team captain in 2007 ... Under-17 Plate Champion at 2007 Milo Open Squash Championship ... Played badminton for four years ... Member of track and field team for two seasons ... Served as school sports captain in 2008 ...
Personal: Economics major ... Daughter of Jayanth Ranaweera.
Getting to Know Randima
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I was recruited to Mount Holyoke Squash team and heard great things about the school from a lot of people I know. Also the fact that MHC offers great financial support.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The diversity, food, people, friends, the Squash team and pretty much everything.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Chak de India
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - US Open Squash tournament 2011 (Philadelphia)
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Sri Lanka Cricket team
- Favorite TV Show - Friends
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic
- Childhood Idol - Ian Thorpe
- Hobbies - Watching movies, hanging out with friends, traveling
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Prashasthi (Sri Lanka)
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Vogue
- Biggest Fear - Snakes
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Sunil Edirisinghe (Sri Lankan Singer)
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Alexander Skarsgard
- Most Prized Possession - My Laptop
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Rome
- First Memory of Your Sport - National Squash Novices 2003
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - The win against Middlebury at Nationals 2010-2011
- Pre-Game Rituals - Filling up my water bottle, retying shoelaces, take a deep breath before walking on court
- Best Advice From a Coach - The harder you work the better you become, so keep pushing for it
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Buy a car, go home for every break, visit my relatives who live around the world and donate some money for the college squash fund
- Career Aspirations - Banking, Marketing, Human Resources Management