|High School:||Pomfret School (Conn.)|
The Taylor File
2012-13: Posted a 7-13 overall record ... Went 3-2 in the fifth position ... Had a 4-8 mark in the sixth position ... Was 0-2 in the seventh flight ... Recorded 0-1 mark in eighth position ... Won tough four-set match in a 7-2 team win over #25 Wellesley (01/19) ... Posted sixth position victory in a 9-0 Seven Sisters Tournament team win against #36 Smith (02-2) ... Recorded four-set victory in 6-3 win over #24 Wellesley in the CSA Nationals (2/16) ...
2011-12: Posted a 12-7 overall record ... Went 2-0 in the sixth position ... Had a 4-0 mark in the seventh position ... Was 4-6 in the eighth flight ... Recorded 2-1 mark in ninth position ... Won tough four-set match in a 9-0 team win over #25 Smith (11/19) ... Posted sixth position victory in a 9-0 team win against #28 William Smith (12-3) ... Recorded four-set victory in 8-1 win over #21 Colby (1/28) ...
2010-11: Went 4-4 overall ... Had 1-0 mark in the seventh and eighth positions ... Was 2-4 in the ninth position ... Recorded ninth position victory in a 9-0 team win against William Smith (12/4) ... Won in the eighth flight in a 9-0 team victory over St. Lawrence (1/22) ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Member of the squash team ... Captain ... Played volleyball for three seasons ... Cpatain ... Most Valuable Player ... All-Star Game participant ...
Personal: African-American Studies major ... Daughter of Earnesta Taylor.
Getting to Know Elyse
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - It's a great place to be premed while getting a liberal arts education, and because I love playing squash.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The squash team.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Mighty Ducks
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Baltimore Orioles game
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Miami Heat
- Favorite TV Show - Scrubs
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Michael Jordan
- Childhood Idol - Sporty Spice or the kid from "Free Willy"
- Hobbies - Watching movies, reading, doing puzzles, sleeping.
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Jack Johnson
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Forbes
- Biggest Fear - Being chased
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Tim Duncan
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - James Franco
- Most Prized Possession - My life.
- Place You'd Like to Visit - New Zealand
- First Memory of Your Sport - Running into the wall so hard that my shoulder was bruised.
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Hearing that my team beat MIddlebury last year at nationals.
- Pre-Game Rituals - Listening to "The Message" by Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five
- Best Advice From a Coach - "Just play"
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Put $50,000 in a savings account, donate 10 squash courts to MHC, and then divide the rest up and give it away.
- Career Aspirations - Surgeon