|Hometown:||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|High School:||Sirimavo Bandaranaike Girls School|
The Ranaweera File
2013-14: Posted a 21-7 overall record … Went 16-4 in the first position … Captain … Won a tough five-set match in a 5-4 team win over #22 Wesleyan University (12/07) … Recorded a five-set win after a tough team loss to #20 Bowdoin College (1/26) … Took second place at the Division III Individual Nationals (2/7-9) … Posted a four-set victory during a team loss against #18 Franklin and Marshall during the CSA Team Nationals (2/21) … Participant in the CSA Individual Nationals … Ranked 63rd in Women’s Individual standings …
2012-13: Posted a 18-3 overall record ... Went 17-1 from the first position ... Had an 1-2 record in tournament play ... Posted a five-set win in a 1-8 team loss to #10 Williams (01/3) ... Went undefeated from 1/10 through 3/1 ... Picked up first position win in an 3-6 team loss versus #19 Hamilton (1/26) ... Had a victory in 5-4 team win over #22 Colby College at the CSA National Championships (2.17) ... Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team ... 66th ranked player in the nation ...
2011-12: Posted a 19-8 overall record ... Went 19-6 from the first position ... Had an 0-2 record in tournament play ... Posted a four-set win in a 6-3 team loss to #10 Brown (12/3) ... Went undefeated from 12/3 through 1/21 ... Picked up first position win in an 8-1 win over Bowdoin (1/29) ... Had a victory in 6-3 team win over Hamilton at the CSA National Championships (2.25) ... Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team ...
2010-11: Recorded a 16-13 overall mark ... Went 15-11 from the first position ... Was 1-2 during tournament play ... Notched first flight win in a 9-0 team victory over Wellesley (12/4) ... Recorded first position win in a 7-2 victory against Hamilton (1/29) ... Posted five-set victory in a 5-4 team loss to Amherst (2/11) ... Had a five-set win in a 6-3 victory against Middlebury in CSA National Quarterfinals (2/18) ... Picked up a win (11-3, 11-5, 11-3) over Trinity's Andrea Echeverria at the CSA Individual Nationals (3/4-6) ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Played seven years of squash ... Captain ... Six-year member of Sri Lanka National Team ... Squad competed at multiple Asian Junior Championships, including India, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea and Hong Kong ... Served as National Junior team captain in 2007 ... Under-17 Plate Champion at 2007 Milo Open Squash Championship ... Played badminton for four years ... Member of track and field team for two seasons ... Served as school sports captain in 2008 ...
Personal: Economics major ... Daughter of Jayanth Ranaweera.
Getting to Know Randima
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I was recruited to Mount Holyoke Squash team and heard great things about the school from a lot of people I know.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The diversity, food, people, friends, the Squash team and pretty much everything.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Chak de India
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - US Open Squash tournament 2011 (Philadelphia)
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Sri Lanka Cricket team
- Favorite TV Show - Friends
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic
- Childhood Idol - Ian Thorpe
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Rome
- First Memory of Your Sport - National Squash Novices 2003
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - The win against Middlebury at Nationals 2010-2011
- Best Advice From a Coach - The harder you work the better you become, so keep pushing for it