|High School:||F.T. Maloney|
The Rosado File
2014-15: Went 10-17 overall … Including a 1-0 mark in the first position and a 8-15 mark in the second … Suffered a hard 2-3 loss in a 1-8 team loss against #27 William Smith College (11/15) … Won a 3-0 match against #27 Connecticut College at the Division III National Invitational (12/05) … Posted a 3-0 win and the teams only win in a 1-8 loss against #22 Colby College (1/16) … Carried a three game winning streak … Recipient of the 2015 Wetzel Award … CSA Scholar Athlete …
2013-14: Posted a 9-10 overall record … Was 1-0 in the first position … Went 4-8 in the third position … Split 1-1 in the fifth position … Won the B Draw Consolation during Division III Individual Nationals (2/7-9) … Recorded a four-set win through a team loss to #18 Franklin and Marshall (2/21) …
2012-13: Posted an 11-11 overall record ... Went 4-1 in the third position ... Had a 7-8 mark in the fourth position ... Won from the fourth position in a 7-2 team victory over #25 Wellesley (1/19) ... Recorded a tough five set loss in a 3-6 team loss against #19 Hamilton (1/26) ... Won in the fourth position in a 5-4 team win versus #25 Wellesley (2/2) ... Posted a four set victory in a 6-3 team win over #24 Wellsley at the CSA Nationals (2/16) ... Recorded a clutch four set victory in a 5-4 team win versus #22 Colby College at the CSA Nationals (2/17) ... Named Most Valuable top-5 ...
2011-12: Posted a 5-0 overall record ... Went 1-0 in the seventh position ... Had a 2-0 mark in the eighth and ninth positions ... Won from the eighth position in a 9-0 team victory over #28 William Smith (12/3) ... Recorded a win in a 9-0 team victory against #30 Colgate (12/4) ... Won in the ninth position in a 9-0 team win versus #25 Smith (2/4) ... Garnered Most Improved Player honors in both volleyball and squash ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Played volleyball for four years ... Captain ... All-Conference ... Three-year member of tennis team ... All-Conference ... Team went to State Tournament ... Individual State Tournament participant twice ... Played basketball for four years ... Member of softball team for one year ...
Personal: Psychology and Spanish major ... MHC Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC)/Student Government Association (SGA) liaison ... Member of the MHC Pre-med Club ... Lifeguard ... Played one season on MHC volleyball team ... Daughter of Doris and Oscar Rosado.
Getting to Know Samantha
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - It is a strong academic college and I also wanted to play a sport.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - Everything. It's a welcoming community.
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - UConn Basketball
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Yankees
- Favorite TV Show - Grey's Anatomy
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Hope Solo, Misty May
- Childhood Idol - Britney Spears, Alyssa Milano
- Hobbies - Sports, making jewlery and crafts
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Prince Royce
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Mel Thompson
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Sorcha Grogan
- First Memory of Your Sport - MHC- meeting the team
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - My first volleyball game, I dug the ball with my face not my arms.
- Pre-Game Rituals - Listen to music, write in journal
- Best Advice From a Coach - "You've got to believe it, if you want to achieve it"
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Buy a house for my entire extended and immediate family to live in, then travel the world.
- Career Aspirations - Neurosurgen