|High School:||Ravenscroft School|
The Pruden File
2013-14: Won the 200-IM (2:09.63), the 500-free (5:10.50), the 1650-free (17:58.81) and the 400-IM (4:35.54) at the WPI Gompei Invitational … Also finished second in the 200-free (1:42.59) and 400-free (3:47.38) relays … Was third in the 50-free (25.38) and the 200-free (2:00.43), while placing fourth in the 800-free relay (8:21.02), also at WPI … Seven Sisters Champion in the 500-free (5:05.97), the 200-IM (2:09.32), the 400-IM (4:29.55) and the 1650-free (17:41.02) … Also finished second in the 400-free (3:45.14), the 800-free (8:14.69) and the 200-free (1:42.05) relays … Named to Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team ... NEWMAC Champion in the 400-IM (4:25.03) … Placed third in the 500-free (5:04.29) and the 1650-free (17:22.83) … Was also sixth in the 800-free (7:56.08), 400-medley (4:01.50) and 200-medley (1:50.26) relays at NEWMACs … NEWMAC All-Conference First Team ...
2012-13: Recorded 32 first place finishes ... Set 11 school records ... Won the 500-freestyle (5:16.70), the 200-breaststroke (2:30.43) and the 400-Individual Medley (4:40.26) at the 2012 Mount Holyoke Invitational ... Posted victory in the 500-free (5:11.96), the 400-IM (4:30.82; Meet Record, NCAA 'B' Cut) and the 1650-free (18:00.19; Meet Record) at the 2013 Seven Sisters Championship ... Selected to All-Seven Sisters Championship Team ... Claimed victory in the 400-IM (4:28.92; school record - Meet & Open Record - NCAA 'B' Cut) while also winning the 1650-free (17:30.29; school record - NCAA 'B' Cut) at the 2013 NEWMAC Championships ... 2013 NEWMAC Rookie of the Year ... Three-time NEWMAC Swimmer of the Week ... Lyon of the Week honoree twice ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Member of the varsity swimming team for all four years … Two-time captain … Four-time Most Valuable Player … Three-time TISAC All-Conference … Named the TISAC Swimmer of the Year in 2012 … NCISAA 3A All-State in 2008 … Swam at the NCISAA 3A State Championships five times … Four-time participant at the NCS Senior State Championships … Member of the 2011 North Carolina Swimming Southern Zone Team …
Personal: Undeclared major … Daughter of Caroline and Bill Pruden.
Getting to Know Cathleen
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I fell in love on my overnight visit. I was very comfortable in the classes I attended. Everyone I met was so friendly and made me feel at home. I also wanted the opportunity to swim and receive a great education.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - I love the women's college environment, the beautiful campus, the friendliness of my peers, and the helpful faculty and staff.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Double Teamed
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Finals of YMCA Short Course Swimming Nationals
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Red Sox
- Favorite TV Show - NCIS
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Ricky Berens, Charlie Houchin, Jessica Hardy, Natalie Coughlin, Missy Franklin
- Childhood Idol - Natalie Coughlin
- Hobbies - Crafts, Baking, Photography, Swimming
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Kelly Clarkson 2006
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Time
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Cullen Jones
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - My best friends from home
- Most Prized Possession - Grandmother's jewelry
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Ireland
- First Memory of Your Sport - Refusing to jump off the diving board into Mr. Ken's arms at my swim lessons when I was 4
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Still to come! I'm only a first year.
- Pre-Game Rituals - Rub my arms on the block, jump up and down, shake out my limbs, wipe the insides of my goggles, and then clap
- Best Advice From a Coach - Tie: "Smile. You'll swim faster." or "The Number One rule of swimming is breath air."
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Pay my tuition, charity, travel, save the rest
- Career Aspirations - Teacher or working with a water safety awareness program like Make-A-Splash