|High School:||Baylor School (Tenn.)|
The Williams File
2013-14: Was second in the 200-free relay (1:42.59) at the WPI Gompei Invitational … Also finished fourth in the 200-medley (1:54.94) and 400-medley (4:17.19) relays … Placed second in both the 50-free (25.72) and the 200-free relay (1:42.05) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Also placed third in the 400-medley (4:14.81) and 200-medley (1:57.33) relays … Was fourth in the 100-back (1:03.97) and sixth in the 200-back (2:20.03), also at Seven Sisters … Finished fifth in the 200-free relay (1:39.94) at the NEWMAC Championship … Also placed sixth in the 200-medley (1:50.26) and 400-medley (4:01.50) relays …
2012-13: Placed second in the 100-free (58.09), the 200-free relay (1:42.57), and the 50-free (26.17) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Also finished third in the 100-fly (1:03.90), the 200-medley relay (2:00.52), and the 400-medley relay (4:23.68) … Was fourth in the 200-fly (2:26.41) and fifth in the 50-fly (28.83) at the MHC Invite … Finished fifth in the 200-free relay (1:39.73) and the 200-medley relay (1:50.41) and was also sixth in the 400-medley relay (4:04.06) at NEWMAC Championship ...
2011-12: Placed first in the 200-free relay (1:43.00), and second in the 200 back (2:15.61), the 400-medley relay (4:19.56), the 200-medley relay (1:56.78), and the 100-fly (1.03.07) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Finished first in the 200-free relay (1:44.05) and the 200-medley relay (1:57.05) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Also placed second in the 50-free (26.01), the 100-back (1:03.10), and the 400-free relay (3:46.00) … Was also fifth in the 200-back (2:17.92) at Seven Sisters … Named to Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team … Placed sixth in the 200-free relay (1:41.26), eighth in the 200-medley relay (1:54.44) and the 800-free relay (8:08.83) and was also ninth in the 100-back (1:0097) at NEWMAC Championship …
2010-11: Finished first in the 200-free relay (1:44.08), the 200-IM (2:22.91), the 200-medley relay (1:58.42), and the 400-IM (5:04.59) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Was second in the 200-back (2:19.06), the 400-medley relay (4:24.66), the 100-back (1:04.98) and the 400-free relay (4:00.25) … Also finished third in the 500-free (5:34.53) at the MHC Invite … Finished first in the 200-back (2:16.15), Second in the 200-medley relay (1:56.77) and the 100-back (1:04.37) at Seven Sisters … Also finished third in the 200-free relay (1:44.52), and was fourth in the 400-IM (4:58.05) and the 400-free relay (3:52.32) at Seven Sisters … Named to Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team … Placed sixth in the 200-free relay (1:40.71), eighth in the 400-free relay (3:43.62), and 10th in the 100-back (1:02.24) and the 200-back (2:12.39) at NEWMAC Championship …
Before Mount Holyoke: Two-year member of the swimming team … Competed in the TISCA Swimming and Diving State Championships …
Personal: English major … Member of the MHACASA … Daughter of Sonia Gatchair.
Getting to Know Lauren
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - I chose Mount Holyoke because I wanted to focus on academics but still get the four years of college athletics. I was not quite ready to give up swimming but I wanted to focus on my school work and what it could prepare me for in the future.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - I love the campus and how gorgeous it gets in the Fall. I also love the wide variety of classes that are offered here.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Miracle and Remember the Titans
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - None
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Barcelona FC and Manchester United
- Favorite TV Show - The Vampire Diaries
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Blake Griffin
- Hobbies - Reading, writing, making up stories in my head
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Panic! At the Disco
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Sports Illustrated
- Biggest Fear - Dying in a freak accident
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Doug Gjersten
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Blake Griffin
- Most Prized Possession - My computer
- Place You'd Like to Visit - London, England, UK
- First Memory of Your Sport - I passed someone in a race who was more than halfway down the pool
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - I broke the 200 Back record and received a PR
- Pre-Game Rituals - I like to stretch my legs out
- Best Advice From a Coach - Just do it
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - I would donate a portion of it to MHC Swim and Dive and another portion to Invisible Children and other charities in need.
- Career Aspirations – I would like to be a Sports Center correspondent on ESPN