The Boynton File
2014-15: Captain … Came in second in the 800-Free Relay with a time of 8:16.10 at the Seven Sisters Championship … Finished tenth in the 500-Free (5:37.57) and ninth in the 200-Free (2:06.27) … Came in fourth overall (1:58.45) in the 200-Medley Relay also at the Seven Sisters Championship …
2013-14: Finished 10th in the 400-free relay (3:55.64) at the WPI Gompei Invitational … Was fourth in the 400-medley relay (4:22.55) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Also placed sixth in the 400-free relay (4:00.39) and seventh in the 200-medley relay (2:01.59) … Was ninth in the 1650-free (19:31.51) and 10th in the 500-free (5:35.27) …
2012-13: Finished second in the 400-free relay (3:47.12) at the Seven Sisters Championships … Was also sixth in the 200-free (2:06.48) and the 200-back (2:21.84) … Swam to seventh in the 200-medley relay (2:04.29) and eighth in both the 400-medley relay (4:30.40) and the 100-back (1:06.19) …
2011-12: Finished fourth in the 200-free relay (1:49.67) and the 500-free (5:37.60) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Also finished fifth in both the 50-back (31.85) and the 400-free relay (4:03.45) … Was sixth in the 200-medley relay (2:03.44) and the 1650-free (20:55.73) … Posted seventh in the 400-IM (5:14.58), eighth in the 50-free (27.21) and was ninth in the 400-medley relay (4:46.79), the 200-IM (2:31.14), the 200-free (2:15.73) and the 100-back (1:09.95) … Earned MHC Iron Woman Award … Won the 200-free relay (1:44.05) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Also finished second in the 400-free relay (3:46.00), fourth in the 200-free (2:05.80) and fifth in both the 800-free relay (8:46.06) and the 1650-free (19:28.24) … Was also seventh in the 100-back (1:05.40) and eighth in the 500-free (5:39.44) … Finished sixth in the 200-free relay (1:41.26) and the 400-free relay (3:48.53) at the NEWMAC Championships … Was also eighth in the 800-free relay (8:08.83) …
Before Mount Holyoke: Four-year member of the swimming team … Captain … Named Athlete of the Week … Swam on winning championship team for Western Mass at Harvard … Competed in Western Mass Championships … Competed in Massachusetts State Championship …
Personal: Biology major … Daughter of Nancy and Robert Boynton.
Getting to Know Rachel
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - For the academic rigor and a D3 sports team.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The classes and the view!
- Favorite Sports Movie - Miracle
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Boston Bruins Game
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Boston Bruins
- Favorite TV Show - Burn Notice
- Favorite Athlete(s) - David Krejci
- Childhood Idol - My dad
- Hobbies - Instruments
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - My own
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Seventeen
- Biggest Fear - Drowning
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Julie Foudy/ Rowdy Gains
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Alexander Hamilton
- Most Prized Possession - My Family
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Greece
- First Memory of Your Sport - When I was six standing at the edge of the pool wondering what a 50 was.
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - The weight room.
- Pre-Game Rituals - Clap my hands once together and outline the swimmer coming into the finish on my relay.
- Best Advice From a Coach - Don't over think your race. Just do it.
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Give a majority to charity and put the rest in the bank to save for the future (my parents and my children)
- Career Aspirations - Physical Therapist. mainly for the elderly so they can find the will to get better and return home.