|Hometown:||South Burlington, Vt.|
|High School:||South Burlington|
The Lazarovich File
2014-15: Finished seventh (1:11.65) overall in the 100-Breast at the Gompei Invitational … Placed fourth in the 200-IM (2:19.84) at Seven Sister Championship … Came in fourth overall in the 400-Medley Relay with a time of 4:16.95 … Another fourth overall finish in the 200-Medley Relay (1:58.45) and the 400-IM (4:56.87) … Came in second in the 800-Free Relay with a time of 8:16.10, also at the Seven Sisters Championship … Place ninth in the 200-Backstroke (2:29.30) at the NEWMAC Championships … Finished sixth overall in the 800-Freestyle relay (7:56.59), the 400-Medley relay team with a time of 4:03.27, and the 200-Medley relay (1:50.25) … Ended ninth in 200-Breast (2:29.30) …
2013-14: Finished second in the 400-free relay (3:47.38) at the WPI Gompei Invitational … Was also fourth in the 800-free (8:21.02), the 400-medley (4:17.19) and the 200-medley (1:54.94) relays … finished sixth in the 200-breast (2:34.17) and ninth in both the 100-breast (1:13.63) and 200-free (2:07.61) … Swam to second in the 800-free relay (8:14.69) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Also placed third in both the 400-medley (4:14.81) and 200-medley (1:57.33) relays … Swam to fourth in the 200-breast (2:36.15), fifth in the 200-IM (2:19.60), seventh in the 100-breast (1:14.44) and ninth in the 200-free (2:06.40), also at Seven Sisters … Finished sixth in the 800-free (7:56.08), the 400-medley (4:01.50) and the 200-medley (1:50.26) relays at the NEWMAC Championship … Also swam to seventh in the 400-free relay (3:30.05) and was ninth in both the 100 (1:08.35) and 200 (2:28.37) breast events …
2012-13: Finished second in the 400-IM (5:00.09) and the 400-free relay (3:58.04) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Also placed third in the 200-IM (2:23.79), the 200-medley relay (2:00.52) and the 400-medley relay (4:23.68) … Earned Iron Woman honors … Finished first in the 200-breast (2:29.40) and the 200-free relay (1:42.79) at the Seven Sisters Championships … Was also second in the 800-free relay (8:13.11), third in the 200-IM (2:17.31), fourth in 400-medley relay (4:22.41), fifth in 400-IM (4:56.16) and sixth in the 100-breast (1:11.79) … Named to Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team … Finished fourth in the 800-free relay (7:57.34) at the NEWMAC Championships … Was also fifth in 200-medley relay (1:50.41), sixth in both the 400-free relay (3:38.41) and 400-medley relay (4:04.06) … Also placed ninth in the 200-breast (2:28.53) and 10th in the 100-breast (1:08.17) …
2011-12: Finished first in the 200-fly (2:20.52), the 200-free relay (1:43.00) and the 400-IM (5:00.05) at the Mount Holyoke Invitational … Also placed second in the 400-free relay (3:51.67), the 50-breast (33.11), the 200-breast (2:38.18) and the 400-medley relay (4:19.56) … Was third in the 100-breast (1:13.27) and the 200-IM (2:23.59) … Earned Iron Woman honors … Won the 100-breast (1:11.18), the 200-breast (2:30.56) and the 200-free relay (1:44.05) at the Seven Sisters Championship … Finished second in the 200-IM (2:17.07) and the 400-free relay (3:46.00) … Also placed fourth in the 200-fly (2:21.54) … Finished sixth in the 400-free relay (3:48.53) at the NEWMAC Championship … Was seventh in the 200-IM (2:15.86) and eighth in both the 200-medley relay (1:54.44) and the 800-free relay (8:08.83) …
Before Mount Holyoke: Four-year member of the swimming team … New England Championship competitor … Eastern Zone competitor … Member of indoor track and field team … New England qualifier …
Personal: Psychology major … Daughter of Brenda and Mark Lazarovich.
Getting to Know Maya
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - The intellectual and academic excellence.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - I love that I am constantly learning; from the teachers, to the lectures, to the peers, I'm constantly being exposed to new ideas, concepts, and feelings.
- Favorite Sports Movie - Blades of Glory
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - Swimming World Championships in Montreal, Canada
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - USA Olympic Swim Team
- Favorite TV Show - House MD
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Ed Moses
- Childhood Idol - Angelina Jolie as Laura Croft Tomb Raider
- Hobbies - Swimming, Sports, Outdoors, Adventuring, Discussion, Debate, Being with friends, Drawing, Writing, Art, Cooking/baking, Organizing
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Lady Gaga Monster Ball in Montreal
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Shape
- Biggest Fear - Failure, falling
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - Harvey Kitel
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Professor Jeffery Hancock of Cornell University; he's conducting fascinating information on the biology and psychology of communications and emerging media.
- Most Prized Possession - My souvenir spoon collection
- Place You'd Like to Visit - New Zealand
- First Memory of Your Sport - All my memories include swimming
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - Only a first year!
- Pre-Game Rituals - Drinking lots of water, stretching, and doing lots of warm-up.
- Best Advice From a Coach - "Don't worry. I promise you, this will hurt."
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Donate it to my club swim team in Vermont
- Career Aspirations - Neuroscience Major from Mount Holyoke, and a Communications Degree from Cornell