|Hometown:||Camp Hill, Pa.|
|High School:||Harrisburg Academy|
The Konkel File
2013-14: CAPTAIN ...Went 5-14 overall in singles action ... Posted a 5-10 dual record ... Went 5-10 in the first flight ... Recorded a 9-14 record in doubles action ... Went 9-10 in the first flight with partner Eman Malik ... Seven Sisters All-Tournament Team ... NEWMAC Academic All-Conference ... Seven Sisters Senior Scholar Athlete ...
2012-13: CAPTAIN ... Posted a 4-13 mark in singles action ... Went 3-1 in the second flight … Was 2-5 against NEWMAC opponents … Recorded an 8-15 mark in doubles play ... Was 4-9 with partner Nahrhee Han … The pair was 2-5 against NEWMAC rivals … NEWMAC Player of the Week (9/3) … NEWMAC Doubles Team of the Week (9/3) … NEWMAC Academic All-Conference …
2011-12: Posted a 9-8 record in singles action … Went 4-3 versus NEWMAC opponents and 0-2 in tournament play … Had a 1-1 mark in the third flight … Was 3-1 in fourth flight … Went 5-4 in fifth flight … Posted a 10-9 mark in doubles action … Went 1-0 with partner Kelsey Brower in the second flight … Had a 9-9 mark with partner Nahrhee Han … The pair went 9-6 in the first flight, while recording an 0-3 mark in tournament play … Had a 4-3 record versus NEWMAC opponents … NEWMAC Academic All-Conference … Cramer’s Players Award … Sally Barnes Bondurant Award … ITA Scholar-Athlete …
2010-11: Went 1-7 in singles action … Was 1-4 against NEWMAC opponents … Had an 0-2 mark in the third, fourth and fifth flights … Went 1-1 in sixth flight … Recorded an 11-9 record in doubles action … Went 2-1 with partner My-Linh Ngyuen in second flight … Had a 2-5 record with partner Kelsey Brower in the second flight … Was 3-3 with partner Heather Richardson, including 2-2 mark in the second flight … Posted 4-0 record with partner Sarah Moore, going 2-0 in both second and third flights … ITA Scholar-Athlete …
Before Mount Holyoke: Played tennis all four years … Two-time captain … Received team Leadership Award … Rookie of the Year …
Personal: History major … Daughter of Roxanne and Dennis Konkel.
Getting to Know AnnElizabeth
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - Because of the academics, facilities and the 5 college consortium. Also that I wouldn't have to compete for athletic resources with a mens' team.
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The people are very friendly and nice.
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - World Team Tennis match where I saw Hingis, McEnroe, Billie Jean King, Chris Evert and Melanie Oudin
- Favorite TV Show - The Big Bang Theory
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova, Caroline Wozniacki, Dasha Sharapova
- Hobbies - Piano and Reading
- Best Concert You Ever Attended - Ringo Starr and his All Star Band
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On – Tennis Magazine
- Biggest Fear - Fire
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Novak Djokovic
- Most Prized Possession - My tennis racquets
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Germany
- First Memory of Your Sport - Hating tennis as a child because I couldn't hit the ball, I felt like the sport was about picking up the balls.
- Most Memorable Moment in College Athletics - 7 Sisters Tournament playing Wellesley
- Pre-Game Rituals - Eating healthy, music, and visualization
- Best Advice From a Coach - Keep your mind inside the lines of the court
- If You Had $1 Billion Dollars You Would - Buy a racquet club and give it to my coaches
- Career Aspirations - To be successful in the business world!