The Anischik File
2014-15: Recorded an 18-13 overall record in singles action including a 8-11 mark in dual matches ... Went 7-11 from the second flight... Had a 4-4 mark in conference play ... Posted a 9-10 overall record in doubles ... Went 9-10 with partner Amy Chen ... NEWMAC Academic All-Conference ... ITA Scholar Athlete ...
2013-14: Recorded a 15-7 record in singles action, including a 14-6 mark in dual matches ... Went 11-4 from the fourth flight ... Had a 3-2 mark in the third flight ... Posted a 8-10 overall doubles record ... Went 5-5 in the third flight with partner Kelsey Brower ... Had a 1-1 mark in the third flight with partner Whitney Schott ... Went 1-2 in the third flight with partner Alexa Colas ... Went 1-0 with partner Michelle Cai ... NEWMAC Academic All-Conference ... ITA Scholar Athlete ...
2012-13: Posted a 8-14 record in singles action, including a 7-13 mark in dual matches ... Went 5-9 from the third flight ... Had a 1-4 mark in the second flight ... Posted a 3-4 overall record in doubles action ... Went 3-2 with partner My-Linh Nguyen from the third flight ... record in third flight singles action during the fall … NEWMAC Academic All-Conference … ITA Scholar Athlete ...
2011-12: Recorded an 8-14 record in singles action … Went 5-13 in dual meets with a 3-1 tournament record … Was 1-6 versus NEWMAC opponents … Had a 2-2 record in second flight singles … Posted a 4-12 mark in the third flight … Had a 5-6 record in doubles … Went 3-4 with partner Maya Sayarath, including a 2-4 mark in the second flight … Posted a 2-2 record with partner Eman Malik in tournament play … ITA Scholar-Athlete … Team Rookie of the Year ...
Before Mount Holyoke: Four-year member of the tennis team … Three-time captain … Two-time Most Valuable Player … Three-time All-Conference … Helped team to State semifinals twice … Played as an individual at three State Tournaments … Played basketball all four years … Captain … Coach’s Award … All-Conference … Helped team reach State semifinals three times …
Personal: Economics major … Member of Mount Holyoke’s Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) … Vice-President of the Pre-Law Association ... Daughter of Kathryn and Thomas Anischik.
Getting to Know Sarah
- Why did you choose to attend Mount Holyoke? - Great academics, my mom was in the class of 1982
- What do you like best about Mount Holyoke? - The close community
- Favorite Sports Movie - Wimbledon
- Best Sporting Event Ever Attended - 2007 US Open women's tennis finals
- Favorite Pro Sports Team - Boston Red Sox
- Favorite TV Show - Happy Endings, Friends
- Favorite Athlete(s) - Andy Roddick, Jacoby Ellsbury and Wes Welker
- Childhood Idol - Britney Spears
- Hobbies - Baking and writing
- Best Concert You Ever Attended Taylor Swift in the pouring rain at gillette stadium
- Magazine Cover You'd Like to Be On - Seventeen
- Biggest Fear - Sharks
- Most Famous Person Ever Met - David Ortiz
- Person You'd Like to Have Dinner With - Taylor Swift
- Most Prized Possession - Marissa, a doll from my grandpa
- Place You'd Like to Visit - Australia
- First Memory of Your Sport - 6th grade field day at crandall's park
- Pre-Game Rituals - Listening to country music or sad songs
- Best Advice From a Coach - Anything Coach Rocco has said
- Career Aspirations - Business or law