Tempe, Ariz. - July 30, 2020 - The Mount Holyoke College tennis team has been recognized for their efforts in the classroom and on the court, as the Lyons were named a nIntercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) All-Academic Team. Additionally, five student-athletes were honored for their individual accomplishments as student-athletes at Mount Holyoke.
The eight student-athletes that comprise the Mount Holyoke College tennis team produced a cumulative grade-point average of 3.67 following the 2019-20 academic year. The Lyons were one of seven institutions within the New England Women's and Men's Athletic Conference (NEWMAC) to earn this academic honor.
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
- have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
- all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
- all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year
Additionally, the Lyons had five members of the team that garnered ITA Scholar Athlete recognition, including Annissa Aamoum (Dulles, Va.), Anya Gerasimova (Salem, Ore.), Ching-Ching Huang (Lukang Township, Taiwan), Chisato Kimura (Lawrence, Kan.) and Catherine Peabody (San Francisco, Calif.).
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
- have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
- be listed on the institutional eligibility form