Dear Prospective Student-Athletes,
Thank you for your interest in athletics at Mount Holyoke College. If you’re a serious scholar-athlete who wants to be inspired and challenged, we think you’ll feel right at home here. Here are just a few reasons why:
- Our athletes succeed at the highest levels: They include NCAA Champions, National Champions, Olympic Gold Medalists, and Rhodes Scholars.
- Our facilities are state-of-the-art: We recently completed over 20 million dollars in athletic facility projects including a new outdoor track and lighted artificial turf field, an 8,000-square-foot fitness center, two spacious dance/activity studios and a new boathouse.
- We offer 13 NCAA Division III varsity sports: basketball, crew, cross-country running, field hockey, indoor and outdoor track and field, lacrosse, riding, soccer, squash, swimming and diving, tennis, and volleyball. We compete as a member of NEWMAC (New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference) which is one of the premiere Division III conferences in the nation.
- Our coaches are faculty members: They understand and support your goal to excel both academically and athletically. In fact, MHC athletes are some of the College’s best students, averaging a 3.3 GPA.
- We are a women’s college: This means you’ll practice and compete at premier times and in premier locations. Facilities, equipment, personnel, and crowd support are here just for you. You will not take a back seat to a men’s program.
To learn more about athletics at Mount Holyoke, click here, select your sport, and complete a Recruiting Form.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Lori Hendricks '92
Chair of Physical Education and Director of Athletics