SOUTH HADLEY, Mass. (May 5, 2011) - The Mount
Holyoke College Department of Athletics hosted its annual awards
celebration this evening in Chapin Auditorium. Individuals from all
14 varsity teams were honored. Volleyball player Kara Neidhardt served as the event’s
Rider Lindsay Sceats earned the prestigious Alumnae Association Scholar-Athlete Award. Sceats was selected by the department for her outstanding achievements as both an athlete and a scholar. The award, which is sponsored by the Mount Holyoke Alumnae Association, is considered by many to be the department’s most prestigious.
With Sceats leading the way, Mount Holyoke qualified for the IHSA National Championships for the third straight year and 20th time in program history this season. She was at her best during her junior campaign, when she captured top honors in the prestigious Cacchione Cup Class at the National Championships. By doing so, she became the third rider in program history to achieve the feat.
Sceats is majoring in biochemistry and boasts a 3.95 grade point average. She will attend the Stanford University Medical School next fall. As a junior, she served as a captain for the riding team. In addition to her recent induction into Phi Beta Kappa, Sceats has also earned the Louisa Stone Stephenson Chemistry Prize and the Bernice MacLean Excellence in Biology Award.
A total of 44 Lyons took home Senior Athlete Awards. They each participated in their sport for at least three years, including their senior year.
2011 Award Winners
- Peter Meltzer Award (Volleyball) - Kateryna Kuc '11
- Anne C. Cummings Award (Swimming & Diving) - Miki Yoshida ' 11
- Noll Newcomer of the Year Award (Swimming & Diving) - Lauren Rarick '11
- The O'Malley Cup (Crew) - Emily Carol '11
- Holly Metcalf Award (Crew) - Robyn Kranzler '11
- Fiske-Harrington Cup (Soccer) - Jacquelyn Archibald '11
- Alice Crothers Bland Memorial Award (Basketball) - Angelica Pascual '13
- Ruth C. Andrew Award (Golf) - Sarah Keating '11
- Cramer Players Award (Tennis) - Maya Sayarath '14
- Sally Barnes Bondurant Award (Tennis) - Natalie Hsiang '11
- Winter Hill Challenge Trophy (Riding) - JoJo Gutfarb '11
- Player's Cup Award (Squash) - Shara Robertson '12
- Rookie of the Year Award (Squash) - Shaheen Madraswala '14
- Betsy Brown Award (Cross Country) - Emily Follo '12
- Achievement Award (Indoor Track & Field) - Jacinta Edebeli '11
- Achievement Award (Outdoor Track & Field) - Jacinta Edebeli '11
- Mildred S. Howard Award (Field Hockey) - Meredith Spencer-Blaetz '11
- Ruth C. Timm Award (Lacrosse) - Vika Planson '11
- Lauren Filipiak Memorial Award (Lacrosse) - Bianca Young '11