HARTFORD, Conn. (Jan. 8, 2013) - The Trinity College Bantams blanked the visiting Mount Holyoke College Lyons, 9-0, in their return to women's squash action after a 37-day layoff. The Bantams, which are ranked third overall in the nation and are tops in Division III by the College Squash Association, improve to 6-0 with their sixth consecutive 9-0 shutout. The Lyons fall to 2-2.
Eight matches were completed after three sets, and junior Jennifer Pelletier (Richmond Hill, Ontario) won the No. 6 match when MHC's Dachelle Parker (New York, N.Y./Thurgood Marshall Academy) retired due to injury. Trinity sophomore Chanel Erasmus (Capetown, South Africa) allowed just three points in her win at the No. 7 spot. For the Lyons, first year Sherouk Khefagy (Cairo, Egypt/International School of Choueifat) had a tough battle in the second spot, battling to a 12-10, 11-2, 12-10 loss to the Bantams Wee Nee Low.
Trinity returns to action on Saturday when it hosts Bates at 2pm. Mount Holyoke is in action on Thursday, traveling to Middlebury for a 4pm match.
1. TC - Kanzy El Defrawy d. Randima Ranaweera, 11-0, 11-3, 11-2
2. TC- Wee Nee Low d. Sherouk Khefagy, 12-10, 11-2, 12-10
3. TC- Ashley Tidman d. Shaheen Madraswalla, 11-9, 11-2, 11-3
4. TC- Naty Babjukova d. Samantha Rosado, 11-0, 11-1, 11-3
5. TC- Sachika Balvani d. Kathryn Brummer, 11-3, 11-1, 11-1
6. TC- Jenn Pelletier d. Dachelle Parker, 11-5, ret.
7. TC- Chanel Erasmus d. Xianger Fei, 11-0, 11-1, 11-2
8. TC- Katiria Sanchez d. Elyse Taylor, 11-2, 11-0, 11-2
9. TC- Halley Cruise d. Susannah Bonn, 11-1, 11-1, 11-3
Trinity (Conn.) 9, Mount Holyoke 0